Over a hundred warplanes in 24 hours—a record-breaking count as Beijing flexes its military might on Taiwan. At the same time, China has an offer for the Taiwanese people. Will the island take the bait for a “peaceful reunification” instead of possible war?
“Strategic ambiguity” versus “strategic clarity”: what path would former President Donald Trump choose if elected to deal with Beijing’s threat of war?
A top Chinese official was ousted from his post as foreign minister and is now under a national security investigation. What sparked it all? An extramarital affair during his time as ambassador to Washington.
A bigger threat than COVID-19? We take a look at what’s putting China’s $500 billion wedding industry at risk.
And Republican presidential candidate Mike Pence just described China as an “evil empire” in the making.
Topics in this episode:
- China Sends Record Number of Jets near Taiwan
- China Pushes Plan to Entice Taiwan Companies, People
- ‘Strategic Ambiguity’: Trump to Keep China Guessing
- Pence: China Working to Become ‘Evil Empire’
- Sen. Tim Scott: Bring Jobs Back from China
- Blinken Meets with Top China Official Han Zheng
- Former Top China Official Investigated for Affair in U.S.
- Hunter Biden Sues the IRS; Lawsuit Says Agents Disclosed Private Records
- ASEAN Nations Launch Joint Drill near South China Sea
- Chinese Wedding Planners Worry as Business Slumps
- U.S. Fails to Understand New Forms of Warfare: Scheinmann
China in Focus Weekly Newsletter
Find out what’s really going on in China
Success! You are now subscribed.